The Major Gift Officer (MGO), shall serve as a senior development professional for the UW Foundation with a primary focus on securing major gifts ($25,000 +) in support of the University of Wyoming’s Haub School of Environment and Natural Resources.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1) Manage a portfolio of 75-125 donors and donor prospects
2) Qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gift ($25,000 +) donors and donor prospects
3) Be willing and able to travel a minimum of 25% of work schedule
4) Develop high trust relationships with donors, donor prospects, UW alumni and friends
5) Participate as a key team member in a centralized development structure and play a critical role in building a collaborative, team-oriented environment among University leadership, faculty and staff.
6) Support the Director of the Haub School in an aggressive fundraising campaign for program growth and endowed chairs.
7) Meet annual individual fundraising goals in addition to other activity goals – face to face visits, substantive donor contacts, major and planned gift proposals.
8) Work closely with UW Foundation staff, the Director of the Haub School, other Deans and Directors, and faculty members in planning/identifying major gift fundraising initiatives and in securing major gifts in support of UW’s mission.
9) Be familiar with and apply the Vision, Mission, Objectives &; Core Values of the UW Foundation in discharging the responsibilities of this position
For more information and application instructions, see the UWYO Foundation website.