Organization: Wyoming Game and Fish
Location: Cheyenne, WY
Type of opportunity: Wyoming Wildlife Magazine Editor
- Oversee the monthly publication of Wyoming Wildlife, the publication of the Wyoming Game and Fish Department.
- Provide editorial direction for articles and other content in Wyoming Wildlife.
- Strategize with communications team and department on the future direction of the magazine.
- Serve existing subscribers and find new customers.
- Generate story ideas and responds to pitches.
- Secure freelance writers and manage their contracts.
- Obtain intra-agency content and submissions, maintaining liaison with department personnel in the field.
- Edit articles submitted for publication.
- Understand and comply with media law and industry ethical guidelines.
- Coordinate with other divisions of Game and Fish to meet agency priorities.
- Manage contracts, requests for proposals and relationships with vendors.
- Develop an annual budget and track revenues and expenditures.
- Research and write articles for Wyoming Wildlife magazine.
- Oversee business aspects of Wyoming Wildlife including payment of bills and management of relationships with print and fulfillment vendors.
- Attend regular section and agency-wide meetings to offer expertise and develop strategy.
- Network with other professionals in the field of wildlife management and magazine publishing.
Preference will be given to those with multiple years of experience in magazine publishing and those with a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English, public relations, natural resources, fish and wildlife management.
Must have a valid driver’s license.
Pay/Salary: $4,128.00 – $5,160.00 Monthly
Link to more information: Job Announcement
How to apply: Apply through the State of Wyoming Human Resources Division
Application deadline: Open until filled.