Organization: Oberlin College
Location: Oberlin, OH
Type of opportunity: Sustainable Technology Coordinator
The successful candidate will play a central role in the development and management of hardware, software and data associated with “Environmental Dashboard,” a novel technological system that provides community residents, faculty, students and facilities personnel with real-time feedback on energy, water, and other environmental conditions in residential and commercial buildings at the College in the in City of Oberlin. More information on the project can be found at: http://www.oberlindashboard.org. Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing monitoring hardware to ensure that it remains functional. This includes “ground truthing” metering technology installed in campus buildings and in facilities within the community to ensure that they deliver and continue to deliver accurate data.
- Managing data display hardware and web technologies that includes a server, and “Environmental Orbs” on the Oberlin College campus and in the city.
- Actively participating in and providing technical support for the expansion of the existing electricity, thermal and water monitoring system at Oberlin College to include all campus buildings as well as its central heating plant.
- Oversee implementation of a system to acquire data from utility meters through “smart metering” technology.
- Assist facilities personnel, faculty, staff and students in accessing and interpreting data on the environmental performance of buildings.
- Managing students who work on technical aspects of the project.
- The hire is expected to divide their time approximately equally between on and off-campus components of the Dashboard System.
- Assist in review of mechanical and electrical drawings associated with resource monitoring.
- Assist VP of Energy Management in development of policy documents associated monitoring, metering and verification.
- Assist in management of resource reduction competitions.
We seek an individual with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience, with advanced computer skills. We are looking for someone with strong leadership potential and organizational skills who is excited by the opportunity to develop and manage novel technology designed to motivate and empower citizens, students, staff, and facility operators to be smart users of energy and water and to take care of the environment. Reliability, creativity, ability to independently troubleshoot and solve technical problems and to collaborate as a team member are essential.
Start and end dates: ASAP, 1 year with possible extension
Within the range established for this position, salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes an excellent benefits package.
Link to more information: https://jobs.oberlin.edu/postings/1121
How to apply: Required documents:
- Cover Letter
- List of References