Mono County, CA
Organization: Conservation Lands Foundation, California Program and the Bodie Hills Conservation Program
Location: Mono County, CA
Type of opportunity: The Organizer works on short and long-term goals and provides visionary leadership to direct a coalition of organizations working to protect lands in the Bodie Hills.
- Work with coalition partners to develop the ongoing strategies and activities for the Bodie Hills Conservation Partnership, a coalition working to permanently protect the Bodie Hills.
- Manage those activities and strategies as well as the administrative tasks of running the coalition.
- Organize and run conservation projects that protect and restore the Bodie Hills and the plants and animals that reside in the area.
- Help develop outreach and educational materials for the press, general public, community leaders and decision makers regarding for the Bodie Hills Conservation Partnership.
- Recruit organizations and businesses that will be advocates for the Bodie Hills.
- Recruit and train a team of dedicated citizens that will be able to train other volunteers and supporters.
- Ensure effective communication among campaign partners to maximize the effectiveness of the coalition.
- Help coordinate outreach activities of contractors and partner organizations.
- Build and maintain partnership with new partners and supporters that may include ranchers, businesses, community leaders, and elected officials.
- Organize strategy meetings for partners, including an advocacy trip to Washington D.C.
- Communicate with local decision makers, federal agencies, and members of Congress.
- Serve as a point person for inquiries from the media and others and ensure timely responses are provided.
- Assist in researching and implementing spinning off the partnership into a 501(c)3 organization.
- Other activities as assigned.
- Familiar with public lands conservation issues and federal land management agencies.
- Leadership and diplomacy skills to work effectively in coalition settings that have a variety of interests.
- Familiar with fishing, hunting, and outdoor recreation.
- Have excellent strategic, analytical and communication skills.
- Have a strong sense of initiative and the ability to work creatively and independently with limited supervision in a one-person, satellite office.
- Ability to work in a team environment with colleagues located in other offices around the West.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Full time, exempt position
- 100% health insurance benefit for employee
- Excellent vacation, sick and holiday benefits
Link to more information: Job Description
How to apply: If you are interested in applying or have questions, reach out to Sam Goldman