San Francisco, CA
Kearns & West, Inc. is a stakeholder engagement and collaborative solutions firm specializing in services to government agencies to help them be more effective in their relationships with their stakeholders and the public. Considered a leader in the stakeholder engagement and collaborative solutions field, Kearns & West’s collaboration programs are designed to take a diverse range of issues, opinions, goals and interests and organize them into clear, productive processes that lead to successful conclusions. The Kearns & West approach encompasses assessment, outreach, engagement and collaboration, process and meeting design, facilitation, environmental dispute resolution, and development of communications tailored to each project’s unique process. Collectively, these tools and techniques build productive stakeholder relationships, collaborations, and strategic partnerships with the goal of developing long-term, sustainable solutions.
Location: San Francisco, California
Type of opportunity:
The Associate / Senior Associate will support communications, outreach and public engagement on transportation and other infrastructure issues such as water and energy, involving stakeholders from state and federal agencies, tribes, advocacy organizations, industries and local interests in the San Francisco Bay Area, Peninsula, Central Coast and Central Valley regions. A background in local government, communications and land-use is desirable.
The position involves a wide range of responsibilities and roles including: interaction with diverse stakeholders, facilitation of small groups, all aspects of planning and executing stakeholder and public meetings or other forums (including logistics), project research, strategic planning, communications and outreach support, preparation of meeting summaries, development of project proposals including budgets, business development, contract administration, and invoice and expense report preparation. Candidates from a variety of backgrounds, including dispute resolution, public policy and communications will be considered. An interest in collaborative problem-solving and communications is essential.
- Organized and prepared to contribute to our team organization
- Adaptable and flexible
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently
- An effective and reliable communicator
- Comfortable leading and facilitating small group meetings
- Comfortable with taking direction yet able to take the initiative as needed
- Able to reliably set priorities, manage multiple tasks, and meet project deadlines
- Able to work and balance multiple projects for multiple clients
- Successful at balancing working as part of a team with working independently
- Comfortable working in a small [10-person] office environment and collaborating virtually with inter-office teams (based in Sacramento/Portland/Washington, DC).
Successful candidates will have 3-7 years of experience with transportation and infrastructure issues, environment, land-use, conflict management and resolution, public stakeholder engagement and strategic communications, local and regional government, public policy, and community relations. Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Salary/pay: Depends on qualifications and experience.
Link to more information: KW SF Associate Position Description 2015
How to apply: Please apply on-line immediately at email@example.com