Organization: North Texas Municipal Water District
Location: Wylie, TX
Type of opportunity: Maintenance Manager
- Plan, direct and oversee daily maintenance functions, operations, and activities in support of water delivery, waste water, and solid waste disposal operations.
- Directly supervise Facility Services and Technical Services personnel to include hiring, training, scheduling, and performance evaluations; provide leadership and management to ensure that the mission and core values of the NTMWD are put into practice.
- Coordinate with System Managers to develop and manage the preventative/predictive maintenance programs for the NTMWD, to include protocols for emergency repair response; provide recommendations for replacement or changes in equipment based on past performance and cost.
- Oversees the safety, training, career development, and sharing of best practices within the maintenance communities of practice within the NTMWD.
- Assist in long range planning to ensure overall efficient maintenance operations and organizational structure within the NTMWD.
- Participate in the development of Capital Improvement Programs for all three operating Systems, through analysis of existing facilities and recommendations for repair or replacement.
- Compile information and projection to aid in the preparation of annual budget requests. Monitor established budget and utilize authorized budgetary and purchasing procedures.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field, new administrative techniques, legislative issues and other current events through continued education and professional growth. Attend conferences, workshops, and seminars as appropriate.
- Must be able to evaluate situations and analyze problems to make decisions necessary for corrective measures.
- May be called upon to make decisions regarding emergency situations at all hours.
- Must be able to motivate large crews to complete assigned tasks and deal with individuals from highly technical education to unskilled labor backgrounds.
- Must be able to supervise employees.
- Must be able to read and interpret utility, construction and pipeline drawings.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Professional Engineer License preferred.
- Professional Project Manager (PMP) Certification preferred.
- Requires a valid Texas driver’s license.
How to apply: Please apply online at ntmwd.com
Application deadline: December 25, 2015