Organization: US forest Service
Type of opportunity: seasonal
Contact: Barb Smith | firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties and Qualifications:
- The wildlife/botany program on the Moab/Monticello Ranger District will be hiring 2 seasonal positions for the 2016 field season.
- The crew lead is a GS-5 Botany Technician, which requires a degree or relevant experience.
- There is also a GS-3 Biological Aide position available. The job involves rare plant surveys in the high alpine country of the La Sal Mountains.
- Interest or experience doing field inventory and monitoring for plants is desirable, and the ability to do some serious mountain hiking 4 days per week is required.
- The duty station is Moab, Utah.
- Housing is not provided.
- For the field work, applicants should be comfortable hiking and working in the mountains, using maps/GPS, legibly recording data/observations, driving mountain roads and identifying plants.
- The job will provide the opportunity to explore some great country and observe a variety of wildlife
Start and end dates:
- Start date for the positions will be in early June 2016, and would go through August or September.
Salary/pay: See Job Announcement
How to apply: Job Announcement
- The job(s) will be open on the USAjobs website in February 2016. The GS-5 job will be listed as 16-TEMP-S4-0404-5PLNTS-DT, and will be open 2/5-2/11. The GS-3 position will be listed as 16-TEMP-R2-0462-3BSA-DT, and will be open for applications 2/10-2/16.