Cass Lake, MN
Organization: LEECH LAKE TRIBAL COLLEGE
Type of opportunity: academic, full-time, permanent
Annette Drewes, PhD
Gikenimindwaa Mitigoog Instructor
- Assists with transfer and general education curricula in regards to programs development, review and evaluation.
- Directs faculty in assessment and academic planning; in collaboration with the Assessment Office, directs and conducts research regarding student success and transfers.
- Assists faculty in the acquisition, development, and utilization of instructional resources.
- Assists with the preparation and management of budgets for assigned areas of responsibility; assists with grant/resource management.
- Oversees distance education and provides direction and training for LLTC’s distance education instructors.
- Assists Human Resource Director with preparing faculty contracts.
- Evaluates performance, and provides leadership to assigned academic and classified employees.
- Prepares reports and correspondence appropriate to assignment.
- In conjunction with Dean of Student Services, assists with revising and producing College catalog.
- Constructs course schedules in collaboration with Department Heads.
- Facilitates articulation agreements with other institutions of higher learning.
- Assists in maintaining accreditation status and self-study requirements.
- Resolves or assists in the resolution of problems and/or complaints and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
- Serves on various college committees and participates in professional organizations as appropriate to assignment.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of LLTC.
- Knowledge of Anishinaabe culture and demonstrated ability to work with Native communities.
- Successful college teaching experience.
- Familiarity with matriculation policy and requirements.
- Demonstrated commitment to serving students with diverse backgrounds, interests, goals and abilities.
- Demonstrated competence in program planning and evaluation.
- Demonstrated competence in development and evaluation of academic programs.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leading and motivation faculty and staff in a collegial and shared governance environment.
- Knowledge of technology used in educational programs and services.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with groups of diverse ages and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to effectively promote instructional innovation.
- Ability to exhibit leadership in program and budget management and planning.
- Ability to perform consistently under the pressure of deadlines and other administrative demands.
- Ability to effectively train and evaluate faculty and staff; has the ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member of LLTC.
- Ability to provide outstanding quality customer service and support to the LLTC and all stakeholders.
- PhD in related field and 2-3 years’ experience in higher education preferred. A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university and approximately three years of increasingly responsible experience in higher education required.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Minnesota driver’s license (out of state applicant will be required to obtain a valid MN drivers license within 30 days of hire) and current auto insurance.
Link to more information: Job Announcement
Application deadline: Jan. 22 2016