Ashley National Forest- UT
Organization: USDA FOREST SERVICE
Type of opportunity: Full Time, Permanent
- Kristy Groves – District Ranger
- Phone number (435) 781-5203
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will be responsible for the oversight of the developed recreation program on the district and the Wilderness Program, a wilderness program manager, Wilderness Rangers (4), Trail Crew (4), Horse and mule Packer(1), (8 animals), as well as volunteers which assist wilderness rangers, assist with trail maintenance and act as campground hosts. The position also administers commercial outfitter and guide permits in and outside the wilderness.
Other duties include:
- Serves as the main point of contact for recreation and special use activities for the unit and provides professional advice and support in the planning, implementation and evaluation for the District’s recreation and special use programs
- Develops the District’s program of work and manages the discretionary funds for recreation program areas
- Serves as a member of the district staff and will act as district ranger on occasion.
- Develops and maintains external cooperative relationships with government agencies, volunteer groups, permitees and the public at large
- Coordinates planning and implementation of Interpretive Services and Conservation Education programs for the District.
- Takes the lead on developing grant applications for recreation related funding opportunities
- Serves on interdisciplinary teams as the subject matter expert regarding recreation, scenery and aesthetics
- Directly supervises three permanent positions and manages an overall staff of up to 12 seasonals.
Collateral duties may include oil and gas land use mitigation practices and wildfire assignment details. A successful candidate must have excellent organizational, partnership, communication and collaborative skills.
The position may require working with and around stock animals. The majority of the work will be in an office environment.
- Qualification Requirements: Those who are interested must meet the qualification requirements for the GS-0401. The OPM Qualification Standards Handbook is available for review at any federal personnel office OR on the Internet at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/index.htm.
- One year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower level in the federal service is required. Specialized experience is experience, which is directly related to the position to be filled, and which has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Link to more information: (Either a link to the hiring page, or to a pdf of the job description, see below for more information about embedding a document)
How to apply: Job Announcement
Application deadline: Feb. 15, 2016