Organization: Alliance for Sustainable Colorado
Type of opportunity: Full Time, Permanent
Contact: General Inquiries | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Set organizational vision, align operating plans to mission, and draw the most from the Alliance’s Board of Directors.
- Develop and execute the long-term strategic plan.
- Build, support, and nurture the desire and means to raise funds throughout the board and staff.
- Oversee financial position of the Alliance to ensure long-term viability, including developing and implementing the annual budget for fiscal management.
- Oversee the effective operations and financial performance of The Alliance Center.
- Play the lead in fundraising activities such as donor development, corporate sponsorships and foundation grant requests, focusing on revenue diversification.
- Oversee personnel including hiring/firing, performance reviews, compensation and benefits, professional development, team dynamics, and overall management.
- Ensure programs are implemented and evaluated regularly to achieve impact.
- Communicate between the organization and the Board including organizing board meetings, retreats and events.
- Cultivate relationships with Alliance Center tenants and external partners to strengthen the organization’s effectiveness, public presence and support.
- Represent the Alliance at events, workshops, meetings and conferences including stakeholder engagement and public speaking/presentations.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in a management role in a for profit or nonprofit setting with a proven track record in setting and achieving desired goals. An undergraduate degree from an accredited university or college—advanced degree (e.g. MBA, MPA, JD, etc.) preferred. The Alliance is open to a range of educational backgrounds, including: sustainability, resource management, public policy, political science, the law, environmental sciences and more.
Other desired qualifications and attributes include:
- Passionate about sustainability issues, especially climate change mitigation and adaptation, as well as community resilience.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience as a successful fundraiser, including: creating and executing a fundraising strategy; researching funding sources, identifying new sources of support, writing and submitting proposals, communicating with donors, planning fundraising events, evaluating results of grant-funded programs and producing reports for funders and other stakeholders.
- Effective supervision of employees; ability to motivate and support staff.
- Ability to develop and manage budgets to support organizational priorities and goals.
- Thorough understanding of finance, financial statements and accounting.
- Awareness of social, economic and environmental issues as they affect Colorado.
- Familiarity with green building practices.
- Ability to build strategic partnerships with nonprofits, businesses, government and academic entities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; proven ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative and think strategically.
- Strong attention to detail and task follow through.
- Diplomatic, professional and pleasant interactive style.
- Predisposition to actively participate in a team environment and motivate staff.
- Ability to problem solve and respond quickly to tenant, board and staff needs.
- Flexible, sense of humor and willingness to commit to the organization over the long term.
- High emotional intelligence;
- Self-confident; open to new experiences, appreciative of diverse perspectives and traditions.
- Highest level of integrity and business ethics.
- Self-aware and open to suggestions for improvements
- Proficient with PC based computers and Microsoft Office Suite software. SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- The position is based in Denver, CO;
- The Executive Director role requires long, unpredictable hours and some weekends, especially for special events and meeting deadlines;
- Commitment to working in a friendly, high energy, fun and healthy work environment (including a dog-friendly office).
Salary/pay: Compensation for the Executive Director includes a competitive nonprofit salary commensurate with experience; full, competitive benefits package including vacation, holidays, health insurance, and retirement plan.
Link to more information: Job Announcement
How to apply: Alliance for Sustainable Colorado has retained the services of ThinkingAhead Executive Search.
Please submit your resume, expression of interest and salary history and requirements to Kara Teising, Partner, at email@example.com.