Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming |
Organization: Rocky Mountain Power
Type of opportunity: Seasonal
Contact: Carie Raddatz, Carie.Raddatz@pacificorp.com
- Conduct surveys evaluating electrocution and collision risks and the effectiveness of avian protection measures on power lines.
- Walk power lines and record data on avian use, mortalities, and protection measures to prevent electrocutions and collisions as part of company Avian Protection Plans.
- Identify bird mortalities (species, cause of death), document live raptors using structures and identify bird nests on structures.
- Collect data using ArcPad and Trimble GPS units. Conduct quality check of all GIS data collected.
- Complete surveys in a safe, timely, and accurate manner.
- Work safely in remote locations with limited oversight and under variable field conditions (weather, insects, and/or limited vehicle access).
- Adhere to company safety requirements and ensure safe working practices.
- Complete required PacifiCorp employee training and comply with all company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Understand Bird Management Program policy and procedures.
- Enter all protected bird moralities in company tracking system. Create maps, as needed, for mortality reports.
- Ensure that all field equipment is accounted for and maintained in good working condition.
- Communicate with crew Lead regarding field survey status, bird moralities or problems with surveys.
- This position will require travel to remote locations throughout Utah, Wyoming &Idaho.
- Bachelor’s degree in Wildlife Biology, Environmental Science or related field of study; or the equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Two years professional experience in wildlife, environmental science or related experience.
- Bird identification skills.
- Ability to travel for extended period and work in remote locations.
- Knowledge of GIS, GPS, database management, and MS Office.
Start and end dates: This position is temporary – the time frame will be March 2016 – October 2016
Salary/pay: Pay ranges from $18.75 – $23.80/ Hour DOE
Link to more information: Job Announcement
How to apply: See Job Announcement above – job number 151372