Organization: Wyoming Natural Diversity Database
Location: Based in Lander, Wyoming. Works near Baggs, Wyoming.
Type of opportunity: Seasonal
Contact: Lindsey Washkoviak, email@example.com
Duties: Each day, the crew members will navigate to predetermined sampling points. At each point, they will delineate the wetland boundary, document the strata present in the vegetation and identify the dominant plant species in each stratum, record the abundance of invasive weeds, characterize the soil profile, identify hydric soil indicators and record information on a variety of hydrological features.
- Demonstrable proficiency in identifying common Rocky Mountain wetland plants
- Ability to quickly learn to recognize unfamiliar plants
- Ability to collect good-quality plant specimens and the information needed for labels
- Careful attention to detail in making measurements, recording information, and keeping track of data forms & equipment
- Willingness to work long days, sometimes in difficult conditions Acquaintance with techniques of wetland delineation
- Experience driving 4-wheel drive vehicles on rough roads
- Ability to navigate using topographic maps, compass, & gps receiver
- Experience using Arc GIS and Microsoft Access
Start and end dates: Start May 23, 2016 and end around September 1, 2016. The ending date will be somewhat flexible.
Salary/pay: Gross pay will be $16 per regular hour, with time-and-a-half overtime for hours exceeding 40/week. $20 per diem will be paid for each day spent camping out. Social security and workers’ compensation payments will be deducted from gross pay.
How to apply: To apply, submit a cover letter, resume showing qualifications, and contact information for 3 references to Lindsey Washkoviak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.