Lander, Wyoming. Other cities in Wyoming will be considered.
Organization: Wyoming Outdoor Council
Type of opportunity: Summer internship
Contact: Linda Sisco | email@example.com
Duties: The internship is designed to provide a filmmaker the opportunity to create a video celebrating and showcasing the history of the Wyoming Outdoor Council since its founding in 1967. In the production of this film, the intern will assist in the process from storyboarding to logistics, and be responsible for shooting, editing, and publishing. S/he will deliver a video that conveys the values and character of the Wyoming Outdoor Council. The intern will become knowledgeable about substantive environmental issues in Wyoming while gaining insight into the workings of a nonprofit conservation organization.
- Competence in filming both in field and studio environments
- Experience and/or academic background in filmmaking, including the ability to create polished and engaging videos
- Ability to provide own equipment, including a high-quality camcorder or DSLR camera, audio recording equipment, and a laptop with necessary editing software
- Interest in and respect for the people and natural resources of Wyoming
- Demonstrated ability to deliver work on deadline
- Enthusiasm for traveling to beautiful places and meeting interesting people
- Good sense of humor
- Interest in the mission of the Wyoming Outdoor Council to protect Wyoming’s environment and quality of life.
Start and end dates: 8 weeks between May 15 and August 15, 2016. Exact dates negotiable.
How to apply: Please submit the following documents electronically to Linda Sisco at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Résumé with three references.
- Letter of interest. Please provide a letter explaining your interest in the Wyoming Outdoor Council’s video internship. Please mention the dates you are available between May 15 and August 15. The length of the internship is negotiable, but typically would last 8 weeks.
- Video sample. Please provide a short (under ten minutes) video sample of which you are the sole or principal filmmaker or a link to a portfolio site demonstrating your work.
Application deadline: March 18, 2016.