Summerton, South Carolina.
Organization: Clemson University’s Youth Learning Institute
Location: Camp Bob Cooper, Summerton, South Carolina
Type of opportunity: Seasonal
Contact: Candice Heatherly, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teach components of the Wildlife Ecology and Shooting Sports curriculum (training provided).
- Lead students in daily program classes and activities (wake-up, meals, canteen, campfire, and wrap-up).
- Be actively involved in all program activities, leading and participating in evening recreational and instructional times as scheduled.
- Perform direct supervision of children while involved in classes and activities.
- Perform camp counselor duties including staying and attending to campers over night while they are at camp.
- BA or BS in Biology, Wildlife and Fisheries, Natural Resources, or related field is preferred–juniors, seniors, and graduates should apply.
- Experience with hunting and shooting sports preferred but not necessary (we will train those without experience).
- Residential camp experience.
- Must have the patience, understanding, flexibility, and energy to work and live with campers and staff.
- Must be willing to sacrifice, adapt, and work hard as part of a team
Start and end dates: May – August 2016
Salary/pay: $440 – $580 twice a month plus room and board and a sickness/accidental insurance plan.
How to apply: If you are interested in the position please send your resume and three professional references to Candice Heatherly at email@example.com.