Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Organization: Colorado Mountain College
Type of opportunity: Academic, full time, 9-month, Assistant or Associate Professor
Duties: The successful candidate will teach a variety of undergraduate courses in this interdisciplinary program. Full time teaching load is 30 credit hours or equivalent duties per academic year. Additional responsibilities include student advising, participation in program development and program assessment initiatives, service to the College through committee work, and building of local community partnerships.
- Master’s degree in Sustainability Science, Environmental Sustainability, Environmental Science or Studies, Natural Resource Conservation, life or physical science or related field relevant to sustainability. Doctorate degree preferred.
- Master’s degree in another field with a minimum of 18 graduate credits in previously identified disciplines would also be considered.
- Minimum of one year full time teaching in higher education or equivalent as part-time instructor at the college level. Experience teaching upper division course work (300/400 level) preferred.
- Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to sustainability as an interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary field focused on positive social change.
- Demonstrated experience engaging students with the community and facilitating student research endeavors desired.
- Experience working in a science field also desired.
Start and end dates: The position begins in August 2016.
Salary/pay: $57,492 – $74,144 depending upon education and experience.
Link to more information: Read the job announcement for more information.
How to apply: Apply online.
Application deadline: Review of applications begins March 2, 2016.