Organization: Arkansas Forest Resources Center, University of Arkansas System, Division of Agriculture
Type of opportunity: Post-Doctoral Associate
Contact: For application questions, please contact Rhonda Parris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties: The successful candidate will join the geospatial lab, and may choose to contribute to at least one of the following projects: 1) fine‐resolution land cover change monitoring and future landscape scenario simulation; 2) assessing the carbon emission changes associated with forest disturbances based on optical / Lidar and inventory data. The successful candidate will take responsibility for:
- Conducting research
- Writing research proposal
- Analyzing data
- Guiding undergraduate students
- Publishing work in high profile journals
- Presenting at conferences
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. in one or more relevant fields, such as remote sensing, GIS, landscape ecology, agriculture / environmental sciences
- Experience in large‐scale remote sensing mapping, GIS and geospatial analytics / modeling
- Experience in Google Earth Engine, large data processing and parallel computing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solid programming background
- Record of peer‐reviewed publications and relevant conference presentations is essential
- Applicants should be able to work independently and also as a member of a team
Start and end dates: The position is available as early as February 2016.
Salary/pay: Commensurate with qualifications. Excellent benefits.
How to apply: Please visit jobs.uark.edu to apply for this position, # NCA49P. You must electronically submit your cover letter describing your research experience and interests, resume, a copy of your academic transcripts, abstract pages for selected presentations, and contact information for 3 references. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position in filled.
Application deadline: February 29, 2016