Grand Junction, Colorado
Organization: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Mountain-Prairie Region
Type of opportunity: Permanent, full-time
Contact: Sarah E. Holder, SARAH_HOLDER@FWS.GOV, (303) 236-4498
- Assist the field office in addressing threats posed to trust species in Sagebrush ecosystems
- Develop and analyze plant species status assessments, consultations, candidate agreements, and recovery efforts
- Increase collaboration with federal, state, and non-governmental partners to proactively achieve conservation for at risk species
- Work with state partners to assess and restore natural resource damages that affect shared priority landscapes and species
- Work with state and federal partners to provide scientifically sound recommendations for maintaining a viable sage-steppe ecosystem to support sage grouse and other sage dependent species
- Work with state and industry partners to site new energy facilities to minimize impacts to federal trust resources and develop tools to facilitate smart energy partnering.
Desired qualifications: See job posting below.
Salary/pay: $40,033 – $52,043, GS-07
Link to more information: Read the job announcement and apply online.
Application deadline: March 4, 2016