Type of opportunity: Permanent, full-time
Contact: Frank Romero, email@example.com, (307) 745-2337
- Manage spatial data in a multi-user versioned database setting at a centralized data center. Includes functioning as the unit’s National Resource Management (NRM) Unit Library Schema Manager and the unit’s Enterprise Data Center SDE geodatabase manager. Provide data in a format for easy consumption on local computers.
- Assist in coordinating workloads with Ranger District GIS specialists.
- Manage the unit’s GIS data holdings, including feature updates, metadata, connecting spatial layers to tabular data in national applications, and design of new non-standardized GIS spatial layers as needed. Incorporate updates from field personnel into master reference layers and mine imagery and other sources for new information.
- Serve as the unit’s primary expert on GIS software, providing support across the unit to users with a wide variety of skill levels, both on local computers or at the centralized Data Center. Maintain support documentation for the unit.
- Provide analysis, modeling, tabular outputs and map products for forest-wide assessments, multi-district projects, forest plan amendments and monitoring, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) analyses, and a wide variety of special projects across a range of natural resource subjects. Assist single district projects with complex analyses as needed.
- Coordinate spatial data exchange with outside agencies and individuals as needed, including Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests. Serve as technical point of contact and liaison with the Regional Office, State and local governments, learning institutions, the private sector and professional organizations concerned with GIS.
- Provide NRM corporate application role management for the unit for Range and National Resource Information Systems (NRIS) applications. Assist in managing T drive permissions.
- Serve as a knowledge source for the forest on processing data collected via Global Positioning Systems (GPS) into usable GIS data. Knowledge of GPS equipment and data collection software is desirable.
Desired qualifications: See job posting below.
Application deadline: Outreach response due March 4, 2016.