Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Organization: Teton County Weed and Pest
Type of opportunity: Seasonal, full-time, internship potential
- Noxious weed control within the district including: Bridger-Teton National Forest, National Elk Refuge, Wyoming Game & Fish feed grounds, and Grand Teton National Park
- Mosquito abatement programs for public health & safety
- Float the Snake River
- Noxious weed inventory using GPS/GIS technology
- Biological control of weeds
- Education and outreach
- Prior noxious weed identification or mosquito abatement experience, education/ experience in botany, entomology, ecology, biology, or related field preferred
- Ability to learn and identify weeds and pests quickly
- Should be physically able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs and be able to walk for extended periods while carrying a 4 gallon backpack.
Start and end dates: May 15 – August 15, 2016
Salary/pay: Competitive pay, paid training, and dormitory style housing available. Can work with your university if internship credit is needed.
How to apply: Please complete an application and return with cover letter, resume, and references.
Application deadline: March 31, 2016