College Station, Texas
Type of opportunity: Full-time, academic
- Perform Expedition Project Manager, Staff Scientist, and Science Engagement Activity duties in support of IODP Science Services and Operations
- Provide scientific expertise, leadership, and advocacy to implementation of expedition projects and science services to maximize IODP-TAMU’s deliverables
- Responsible for overall scientific implementation of scientific ocean drilling expeditions and achievement of cruise science plan through coordination of shorebased and ship resources
- Responsible for providing scientific expertise and leadership to improve delivery of IODP-TAMU scientific services – including ship and shore laboratories, enhancement/development of new analytical tools and techniques, and conducting independent scientific research
- Responsible for contributing to the Texas A&M University education mission, coordinating IODP-TAMU outreach, leading project management implementation, and/or facilitating scientific ocean drilling clearance activities
- Work cooperatively with others at all times, demonstrating excellent teamwork, leadership, and displaying a service-oriented attitude in all interactions
- Ensure strong team approach to service deliverables through routine team building, training and interaction
- Promote cooperation within a diverse scientific program and associated community of participants
- Ph.D. in the field of Geosciences or related field with expertise in petrology, inorganic (fluid) geochemistry, downhole logging, petrophysics, and sedimentology
- Three years of relevant professional experience
- Familiarity with project management
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of standard computer and software applications
- Must have a demonstrated fluency in written and spoken English
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to successfully organize tasks and prioritize work
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally and harmoniously with others
- Be able to work independently
- Two months of sea going experience
- Experience as a seagoing scientist, especially in scientific ocean drilling, is preferred.
Link to more information: Read the job announcement and apply online.
How to apply: Apply online with reference to Posting Number O00086FY16. Attach a resume, curriculum vita, list of published papers, statement of research interests, and names and addresses of three references.
Application deadline: Application review begins May 16, 2016.