Organization: Wyoming Game and Fish Department
Type of opportunity: Seasonal, full-time
Up to 43 five-month AWEC positions will inspect watercraft at key locations around the state in an effort to prevent the introduction and spread of aquatic invasive species.
Contact: Greg Mayton, Cody AIS Specialist, (307) 527-7125
- Duties may include conducting physical watercraft inspections and decontamination.
- Boater interviews at watercraft check stations.
- Provide outreach information and assistance to the boating public.
- Water quality and invasive species sampling, data entry, and equipment maintenance.
- Must be able to work well independently with minimal supervision and also able to work well with others on a crew.
- Requires flexible schedule and work up to 12 hours per day or split shifts.
- Experienced in the operation of watercraft, 4wd vehicles, and pulling trailers.
- Requires effective communication and public relations skills in daily interactions with the public.
- Ability to enter and manage data using various devices.
- Weekend and holiday work will be required.
- Positions may require extended stays (4 days) in campers.
- Positions require completion of inspector training course and certification provided by the Department.
- Will be given to those with a high school degree and at least one year customer service experience or experience related to fish and wildlife resource management, research, or habitat development or college course work towards a degree in fishery or wildlife management, ichthyology or other closely related field.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Start date: April 25, 2016, tentatively
Link to more information: Read the job announcement and apply online.
How to apply: Please submit a cover letter to Greg Mayton in addition to submitting the state application. The cover letter should include career plans, suitability for the job, and preferences for work locations as well as dates of availability (starting and ending dates are particularly important).
Greg Mayton, Cody AIS Specialist
2820 State Hwy 120
Cody, WY 82414
Application deadline: Position open until filled.