Organization: Wyoming State Forestry Division
Type of opportunity: Full-time
- Administers and implements forest health programs including providing technical assistance on insects and diseases of trees and forests
- Administers state and federal grants to ensure accountability and meet reporting requirements and deadlines
- Implements Agency standard operating procedures for grant administration
- Coordinated invasive pest detection and response
- Conducts aerial surveys to detect and monitor forest health conditions
- Collects forest inventory data, maintains inventory database, and links to GIS. Performs forest growth and modeling simulations
- Assists in providing training in the proper use of GIS and GPS technology
- Conducts mapping and complex analysis for division programs
- Creates web maps for use on the Division website
- Maintains and developments of the forest health website including social media efforts.
- Makes presentations to interest groups and advisory committees
- Assists forest management staff with project design and implementation to forest health and forest management goals
- Serves on state, regional, and national committees related to forest health
- Assists with preparation of the Division’s strategic plan and the Forest Action Plan
- Bachelor’s degree, typically in forestry
- 0-3 years of work experience
- Knowledge of Forest entomology and pathology
- Knowledge of Invasive species
- Knowledge of Aerial survey detection and methodology
- Knowledge of Grant management
- Knowledge of Forest management
- Ability to use GIS devices, software, and implement best practices
- Knowledge of Social media
- Ability to do Public speaking/presentations
- Preference may be given to candidates with experience in GIS.
- Preference may be given to candidates with experience in forest inventory management and growth and yield modeling.
- Preference may be given to candidates with a degree or degree emphasis in forest entomology, pathology, or related specialty.
Salary/pay: $4,128 – $5,160/month
Link to more information: Read the job announcement and apply online.
Application deadline: Position open until filled.