Organization: Wyoming Game and Fish Department
Type of opportunity: Internship
Contact: Justin Joiner, creative director of Wyoming Wildlife Magazine, (307) 777-4547
- Still photography, editing and design.
- Videography and video editing.
- Leading wildlife photography workshops.
- Travel by vehicle and along trails into the backcountry.
- Must be able to work well independently with minimal supervision and also able to work well with others.
- Requires flexible schedule and work up to 12 hours per day.
- Experience in nature and with wildlife.
- Experience taking, toning and preparing photography for print and Web publishing.
- Ability to teach others basic skills related to photography, particularly wildlife photography.
- Ability to exemplify professionalism and respect for the public during all interactions on behalf of the magazine and Wyoming Game and Fish Department.
- Ability to write creative, accurate captions.
- Preference may be given to those pursuing a degree in photojournalism, digital media, communications and those with some education or experience related to fish and wildlife resource management, research, habitat development or another closely related field.
Start date: May, 2016
Link to more information: Read the job announcement and apply online.
- Please include a hyperlink to your online portfolio (or attach a PDF with examples), your resume and cover letter.
- The cover letter should include career plans, suitability for the job, as well as dates of availability (starting and ending dates are particularly important).
Application deadline: Position open until filled.