Organization: Wyoming State Parks & Historic Sites
Type of opportunity: Seasonal, temporary, part-time or full-time, non-benefitted
There are four different types of seasonal positions to be filled as part of this announcement: maintenance, fee collector, fee supervisor and store clerk. The general descriptions for each type of position are listed in the essential functions section below. We will be hiring up to 25 temporary employees with this announcement.
Contact: Department of Administration & Information, Human Resource Division, (307) 777-7188
- Trash pick-up, mowing, cleaning of shelters and restrooms, and general maintenance of park/site grounds.
- May operate vehicles, light and heavy equipment, and a variety of power tools, equipment.
- Ensure visitors have a pleasant experience.
- Primary responsibility for front-line customer service; selling and collecting resident and non-resident fees; operating and balancing a cash register; checking permits; filling out fee accounting forms; and providing general information and assistance to visitors and campers.
- Oversight of fee program and reservation system; setting fee collector work schedules; completing daily reports; balancing the cash drawer after each shift; and supervision of fee collectors.
- Responsible for front-line customer service; selling and collecting resident and non-resident fees while operating a cash register; checking permits; completing fee accounting forms; and providing general information and assistance to visitors and campers.
- Greeting visitors; providing exemplary customer service; and answering questions about the historic site and local points of interest.
- Collecting daily admission fees and gift shop sales; balancing cash register.
- Stocking and maintaining inventory of gift shop; assisting manager in cleaning exhibitions and collections.
- May open and close store during public hours of operation; assist with general administrative duties, reports and data entry; and answer multi-line telephone system and transfer calls to appropriate personnel.
- Skill using power and hand tools; skill operating vehicles and equipment; and skill in basic construction trades.
Fee Collector, Fee Supervisor and Store Clerk
- Skill in collecting money and balancing a cash register at the end of each shift; skill in customer service.
Salary/pay: $9 – $13/hour
Link to more information: Read the job announcement and apply online.
Application deadline: Position open until filled.