Southern Wyoming/northern Colorado
Organization: TRC Environmental Corporation
Type of opportunity: Seasonal, part-time
- Greater sage-grouse lek surveys
- Passerine and raptor surveys which require identification skills by both sight and sound
- Vegetation inventory (i.e., plant list)
- Wildlife habitat mapping, raptor nest monitoring
- Wildlife surveys (such as pygmy rabbit, burrowing owl, mountain plover surveys)
- The position requires the ability to work outdoors conducting biological fieldwork in remote areas and extreme weather conditions, to orient and navigate using topographic maps, to travel and work for extended periods of time away from home, to work within budget and time constraints, and to work well with other technicians and supervisors.
- Bachelor degree in Biology, Wildlife Management, Botany, Range Management, or a closely related field
- At least 3 months of relevant field experience
- Familiar with native plant and animal species of sagebrush steppe and grassland communities of the West
- Knowledge of GPS/GIS
- Familiar with U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineation procedures
- Ability to identify plant species within sagebrush steppe, grassland, and wetland communities in the West
- Field experience that displays versatility and a broad range of relevant experience in related studies (e.g., vegetation community/wildlife habitat mapping, vegetation sampling, plant identification, and wetland delineations)
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier
- Must be willing to submit to and able to pass pre-employment and subsequent periodic drug and alcohol testing
Start and end dates: April 15 – July 30, 2016
Link to more information: Download the 2016 Seasonal Biologist job description.
How to apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to TRC Environmental Corporation via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.