Type of opportunity: Post doc, fellowship
UCAR postdoctoral fellowships are for two years based on continued program funding. Successful applicants in this program will be hosted by two mentors: a climate research institution mentor and a decision-making agency mentor. The program has been developed to:
- Grow the pool of scientists qualified to work at the interface between climate science and its applications.
- Transition advances in climate science and climate prediction into climate-related decision-making tools and frameworks.
- Increase and strengthen collaboration between climate research institutions and decision-making institutions across all sectors.
Contact: Questions on the VSP application process may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-497-1605. Questions on the OpenHire application process may be addressed to Rosie Schranz at email@example.com, or 303-497-8850.
- Conducts independent or collaborative research under a proposed plan related to the goals of the program.
- Documenting the results of the research in scientific publications, and presenting those results at seminars and conferences.
- Pursuing outside activities that advance professional growth, which may include contributing to educational programs, serving on committees, and attending workshops.
Education and Experience
- Ph.D. degree related to climate science and climate prediction
- Preference is given to those who have held a Ph.D. for no more than three years
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to demonstrate climate science expertise
- Ability to work independently and conduct research with minimal supervision
- Skill in oral and written communication.
Link to more information: Read the announcement and apply online.
Application deadline: May 13, 2016