Organization: Lafayette College
Type of opportunity: Academic, full-time
Duties: Lafayette College seeks a Director of Sustainability who will lead campus efforts to build and implement an environmentally sustainable future for the College. The Director’s central role will be threefold:
- to coordinate the College’s various operational and academic efforts in environmental sustainability;
- to lead and develop new programs aimed at fostering a more sustainable campus; and
- to represent the College in regional, national, and global forums on environmental sustainability.
In this role, the Director will steward existing programs while pioneering new efforts to realize the College as a living laboratory in education on environmental sustainability and campus environmental management. The Director will work with and as a liaison between the academic, administrative, plant operations, facilities planning and construction, and residential life divisions of the College.
- Master’s or other advanced degree in environmental studies or architecture, engineering, management or science, with an environmental focus (e.g. Ph.D. in Natural Resources, Environmental Policy or related field) strongly desired.
- At least five years’ experience implementing environmental or sustainability programs, experience in a university environment or for a non-profit and LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Accredited strongly preferred.
- Direct sustainability experience and a background in sustainability theories and local, national, and global environmental initiatives is strongly desired.
- Leadership experience in environmental initiatives, resource management, and teaching/presenting information desired.
- Knowledge of environmental management policies, issues, and initiatives and experience with energy, water and waste conservation, in buildings.
- Understanding of environmental best practices in universities. Strong interpersonal skills, working with diverse groups of individuals and building partnerships.
- Strong communication skills including writing and public speaking. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to work independently, to be a team leader and to work as a team member.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, organizational and management skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and an ability to learn other software as needed.
- Website management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, and to work with shifting priorities and schedules.
Link to more information: View the job announcement.
How to apply: Please send cover lever (indicating position of interest) and resume to: Ellen Leslie, 730 High Street, Markle Hall, Room 316, Easton, PA 18042 or email to email@example.com.
Application deadline: The review of candidates will begin immediately.