Organization: Aspen Public Radio
Type of opportunity: Part-time
Duties: Our newsroom is growing and we need a multi-platform journalist who can cover the Roaring Fork Valley’s important environment beat.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant environmental issues is necessary.
- Our ideal candidate has deep knowledge of the Roaring Fork Valley, advanced journalistic abilities and can produce radio stories.
- Demonstrated capability in social media required.
- Proficiency with juggling several projects and deadlines at once, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and work productively and efficiently in a team environment is necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, or in a related field, or equivalent work experience for at least 3 years is required.
- Public radio experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Mac or Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office and audio editing software, such as Adobe Audition, also preferred.
Link to more information: View the job announcement.
How to apply: If you’re a multi-platform journalist who is qualified to cover this beat, have an ear for a good story, have relevant experience and expertise and are eager to explore this critically important topic for a savvy public radio consumer, please send us a cover letter, resume and some examples of your recent work to email@example.com.
Application deadline: April 15, 2016