Organization: Ecology Project International
Type of opportunity: Full-time
Contact: Erin Clark, Yellowstone program manager, (406) 721-8784, firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties: The Yellowstone program supervisor is responsible for the planning and implementation for the Yellowstone Wildlife Ecology Programs (summer and winter) and the Bitterroot Wildlife Internship Program. The supervisor’s primary responsibilities include instructor supervision, vendor and partner coordination, curriculum development, gear purchasing and maintenance, risk management, and program itinerary coordination. The position is approximately 95% office-based and 5% field-based.
- At least three years of staff supervisory experience, of both permanent and seasonal staff
- At least two years of experience delivering outdoor or environmental education programs; either from field or office
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in biological sciences, ecology, natural sciences, or education
- Highly adept at using technological tools to manage projects and organize/drive workflows (i.e. prior experience with cloud-based project management tools, databases, etc., such as SalesForce, DropBox/Box/Google Drive, Basecamp/MS Project/Asana)
- Highly proficient in use of Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Field research experience beyond undergraduate level
- Curriculum development experience
- Desire to work in fast-paced, collaborative office environment
- Detail-oriented, organized
- Ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to run small and large meetings
- Willingness to work flexible hours including frequent evening and weekend hours during the program season (December – August)
- Valid Wilderness First Responder certification
- Social media/communications experience
- Field research experience in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
- Vendor management experience
Salary/pay: $33,000 DOE. In addition, this position is eligible for a benefits package that includes paid time off, sick leave, holidays, health insurance, retirement, professional development, and other benefits as detailed in EPI’s Employee Handbook.
Link to more information: View the job openings page.
How to apply: Applications for this position will only be accepted electronically. Please click here to apply.