Organization: Oregon Department of Environmental Quality
Type of opportunity: Full-time, permanent
Duties: The person in this position would be responsible for site assessment and cleanup activities in DEQ’s Western Region including, but not limited to, release investigations, site discovery, site evaluations and follow-up, State-led preliminary assessments, removals and technical assistance to other staff and responsible parties. The position makes enforcement recommendations and also oversees cleanup of emergency releases, spills and leaking underground storage tank sites.
Three (3) years of experience performing studies, research, resource management, compliance investigations or other activities in a Natural Resource or Environmental field related to the position. At least one year of the experience must be at a technical or professional level performing activities such as researching and analyzing data, conducting investigations, applying pertinent laws and regulations, or coordinating and monitoring projects;
A Bachelor’s degree in a Natural Resources or Environmental or Earth Science or a closely-related field
Three (3) additional years of related (pertinent) experience.
Preference may be given to applicants who can demonstrate knowledge or experience in the following areas:
- Environmental Cleanup work in the areas of petroleum contaminated sites and other hazardous substances
- Collection of air, water, soil and/or sediment samples
- Risk-based cleanup
- Clear communication skill, both written and verbal
- Presentations to various stakeholders including the public and regulated entities
- Work with EPA’s Superfund Site Assessment process
- Oversight of independent environmental consultants or contractors
- Work that included billability targets
Salary/pay: $48,744 – $71,196
How to apply: Read more and apply online using the following job number: DEQ16-0023.
Application deadline: May 3, 2016