Type of opportunity: Internship, seasonal
Duties: The Wyoming Department of Agriculture is seeking an Intern who will work with program staff in the Technical Services Division primarily in the Pesticide Program and its related functions and activities. Duties will include working in the field and in the office, working on program licensing, program educational materials, hands-on field inspection activities including operating equipment and sampling agricultural commodities. Essential functions may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with re-design and updating pesticide applicator licensing and inspection website
- Imaging and filing pesticide applicator license applications and correspondence
- Assisting pesticide inspection field staff
- Renewing and revitalizing training documentation and processes (especially with the new federal regulations in Worker Protection Standards and Certification & Training)
- Assisting with general office duties of the pesticide program
- Preparing and presenting a mini overview of the internship experience and the program to the Wyoming Board of Agriculture and the Wyoming State Fair Advisory Committee
- Any student who is currently enrolled in and attending an institution of higher education, and meets the minimum qualifications listed, is eligible to apply to the Internship Program. This includes vocational-technical programs, as well as, undergraduate and graduate programs
- Preference may be given to those seeking a college degree in agriculture, animal science, plant science, plant science, agronomy, natural resources, wildlife management, metrology, physics or closely related field of study
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Holding a Pesticide Applicator License is beneficial but not required
- Strong computer and Microsoft Windows based program knowledge
- Must be willing and able to work in a variety of weather conditions and environments both indoors and outdoors
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be prepared to work additional, non-traditional hours (evenings or weekends) and overnight travel.
How to apply: Read the full announcement and apply online.