Organization: The Nature Conservancy
Type of opportunity: Full-time, temporary
Contact: Jay Kerby, Southeast Oregon Project Manager, email@example.com
Duties: The successful applicant will lead and/or participate in cooperative efforts with conservation partners to evaluate efficacy of sage-steppe conservation practices, which may include field-based data collection, data analysis, synthesis and the development and delivery of outreach materials. The Specialist will also lead and/or participate in efforts to develop effective and efficient habitat monitoring (field based and/or remotely sensed) protocols.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ experience in natural resource management or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Familiarity with sagebrush steppe ecology and conservation practices is desired
- Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate ability to build productive working relationships with diverse public agency and private partners
- Intermediate GIS skills, hands-on land management experience, and excellent oral/written communication skills are also highly desired
- A positive attitude and the ability to work with others under field conditions are mandatory
- Must be able to lift objects that weigh up to 50 pounds and kneel/squat for extended periods of time during fieldwork
- Must have a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license and be able to operate motor vehicles
Link to more information: Download the job announcement.
How to apply: Apply online using the job # 44145.
Application deadline: May 13, 2016