Type of opportunity: Full-time, permanent
Contact: Todd Stiles at 307-543-3910 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties: This position’s duties are to provide professional, scientific assistance and training to the unit staff in dealing with invasive noxious weeds, sensitive plant species and botany.
- Serves as Invasive plants coordinator providing technical expert assistance to the unit in matters dealing with invasive noxious weeds, threatened, endangered and sensitive plant species and plant community and vegetation management
- Provides advice to the Forest in development of species management guides and in maintenance of the Forest’s invasive noxious weeds and sensitive plant lists
- Prepares scientific information for environmental assessments or draft and final environmental impact statements for the unit
- Responsible for completing assigned livestock utilization and compliance monitoring, allotment monitoring and data collection and assigned reports
- Identifies possible sites for range improvement projects and revegetation projects
- Works as a member of an interdisciplinary team and coordinates with other resource specialists in in matters dealing with invasive noxious weeds, threatened, endangered and sensitive plant species and plant community and vegetation management
Salary/pay: $59,246 – $77,019/year, GS-0430/0454-11/11
How to apply: View the job announcement and apply online.
Application deadline: May 6, 2016