Williston, North Dakota
Organization: Williams County, North Dakota
Type of opportunity: Full-time
Duties: Under general supervision, performs a variety of technical functions in relation to the development, implementation, and maintenance of Williams County’s Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Designs, administers, implements, and maintains the County’s Enterprise GIS including related GIS databases in an ArcSDE environment
- Develops, implements, and administers web mapping applications using ArcGIS Online
- Administers and implements an ArcGIS Server to distribute web mapping applications and data
- Develops and maintains geodatabase and map products used by County departments in relation to taxation, elections, school districts, road centerlines, and physical addressing
- Maintains County parcels and right of way boundary lines
- Resolves data integrity issues through the review and implementation of SQ/QC workflows and metadata documentation
- Develops, records, and integrates GIS data from other sources to County GIS databases
- Coordinates with department head regarding current and future GIS technology requirements
- Provides training to County departments regarding the use of new and existing GIS hardware and software
- Creates custom maps for County departments and the public as needed
- Maintains confidentiality of non-public records and makes available all data and information deemed a public record by the North Dakota Century Code
- Associates Degree in Geographic Information Systems AND 2 or more years of GIS Technician experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Computer Systems, or related field.
- 4 or more years of GIS Analyst experience
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of principles and practices of Geographic Information Systems.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, GPS hardware, and GIS software applications, including ArcGIS for Desktop and ArcGIS online.
- Knowledge of principle and practices of web mapping application development and distribution.
- Knowledge of methods for maintaining and developing GIS data.
- Skill in providing technical support and training to GIS end users.
- Skill in integrating data from various sources into a comprehensive GIS database.
How to apply: View the job announcement and apply online.