Organization: Hancock County Highway Department, Greenfield, Indiana
Type of opportunity: Full-time
Contact: Hancock County Highway, (317) 477-1112, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inspects bridge and road construction projects, including ensuring compliance with state and local codes, specifications, and contract obligations, and tracking costs and quantities.
- Coordinates projects with department engineering and maintenance operations. Exchanges information with other municipalities, utilities, and Surveyor’s Office to coordinate department activities.
- Assists in coordinating private development projects with Permits Supervisor and engineering inspection consultants, including inspecting and recommending acceptance of road improvements by developers.
- Investigates traffic problems and accidents, including inspecting problem sites, reviewing accident reports and/or conducting traffic counts as appropriate, and recommending appropriate action to County Engineer/Superintendent.
- Assists in maintaining no passing zone surveys, including periodically inspecting/verifying sites suggested by striping contractors.
- Periodically researches courthouse records as needed for land deeds, right of way descriptions, land covenants, and action of the Board of Commissioners.
- Periodically performs drafting functions using computer aided drafting to produce standards and plans.
- Responds to public requests and complaints regarding roads, culverts, bridges, subdivisions, and misc. including meeting/discussing with complaints, investigating/inspecting problem sites, recommending appropriate action to resolve valid complaints.
- Assists with providing technical assistance to department maintenance personnel regarding repair and maintenance of roads, culverts, and bridges.
- Periodically attends job-related seminars and meetings.
Desired qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Baccalaureate Degree in engineering or engineering technology, and a minimum of one year related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Start and end dates: TBD
How to apply: Contact Hancock County Highway at (317) 477-1112 or email email@example.com.