Type of opportunity: Full-time, permanent
Duties: The Reserve Director is responsible for operations, programs, administration, and further development of the Reserve.
- Designs and implements programs, policies, procedures, and budgets for the Research Station, in cooperation with the Faculty Reserve Director and the Campus Advisory Committee
- Cooperates with the Office of Planning and Budget to meet the UC Merced mitigation obligations
- Facilitates research, education, and outreach programs based out of the research station, including occasional instructional activities and promotional events
- Provides daily management of the MVPGR
- Coordinates reserve maintenance activities with UC Merced’s Facilities Management staff
- Enhances research station facilities and programs through extramural proposals and development activities, in cooperation with the Faculty Reserve Director and others
- Carries out both collaborative and independent research at least 15% time, supported by extramural funds that leverage research station resources and expands intercollegiate-interagency collaborations
- Demonstrates a willingness to assume responsibility readily and the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ph.D. required with 5-8 years’ experience conducting field research in environmental science or a related field, 8-10 years preferred
- Demonstrated significant, original, and creative contributions to a research or creative program or project
- Experience with operations at a field station, experience with working with federal and state agencies, track record of leading successful grant proposals, and skills in information technology
- Strong skills and knowledge to engage and collaborate with a diverse set of constituents and plan, organize, administer, budget, and report on programs and operations.
Start dates: Starting dates are negotiable.
Link to more information: View the full announcement online.
How to apply: Application available online (job #JPF00342). Please submit a Curriculum Vitae (CV), Cover Letter, Reference List of 3 references with contact information including mailing address, phone number, and email address. The cover letter should include why you are seeking this position and your relevant experience.
Application deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately. Position is open until filled with a final closing date of May 25, 2016.