Organization: Carroll University
Type of opportunity: Full-time, permanent, 12-month contract
Duties: Carroll University’s 65-acre off-campus Greene Field Station is in the beautiful Kettle Moraine region of Wisconsin. The Prairie Springs Environmental Education Center will allow for significant expansion of field station activities. The station includes a pristine trout stream with associated springs and wetland communities, as well as upland oak savannah habitats.
- Develop and deliver programming to visiting K-12 students and community groups
- Promote educational and citizen science opportunities by developing connections with local school districts and organizations
- Seek grants and other sources of funding to develop innovative programming at the field station
- Oversee building, teaching equipment, and trail maintenance; coordinate volunteer days for field station management
- Provide laboratory or field instruction at the Prairie Springs Environmental Education Center to undergraduate students under the supervision of University faculty
- Supervise Carroll University student workers working at the Prairie Springs Environmental Education Center and Greene Field Station
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree or higher in Environmental Science, Biology, Environmental Education, or related discipline required
- Three years of experience developing and leading environmental programming for K-12 or community audiences
- Three years of experience conducting field-based research, preferred • Laboratory teaching experience with undergraduate students, preferred
- Candidates with previous experience managing or working in a field station or similar setting are strongly encouraged to apply
- Competent in computer science skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Competent in scientific equipment usage
- People and customer service oriented
- Strong communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with students in a laboratory setting
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Ability to delegate
- Good organizational skills
- Good time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks
- Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the University mission
Start dates: The successful applicant will start as soon as possible after July 1 and no later than August 22, 2016.
Link to more information: View the full announcement.
How to apply: Please reference job #1516-109 and submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.