Organization: U.S. Geological Survey
Type of opportunity: Full-time, permanent
Contact: Violeta Garcia, (703) 648-7296, email@example.com
Duties: As a the Deputy Associate Director for the Office of Climate and Land Use Change Headquarters (CLU) Development, some of your specific duties will include:
- Responsibility for development and management of program activities in CLU; Leadership for science direction; Strategic plans for the Mission Area.
- Development of program descriptions and status reports.
- Coordinates and integrates science efforts internally and externally; Develops partnerships and relationships with collaborators and stakeholders; Represents the office at scientific meetings, agency and interagency conferences.
- Reviews program accomplishments and measures; Evaluates effectiveness of science efforts; Assesses policy or procedural changes for science coordination.
- Supports the AD in supervising and managing; Serves as acting AD; Ensures management controls are in place.
USGS has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval. The official worksite for the selectee is the duty location identified in this vacancy announcement. The selectee will typically report to this location on a regular and recurring basis.
Salary/pay: $128,082 – $160,300, GS-15
Link to more information: View the full announcement online.
How to apply: Apply online at USA Jobs using job announcement number RES-2016-0265.
Application deadline: May 17, 2016