University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming
Organization: Wyoming’s Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (Wyoming EPSCoR)
Type of opportunity: Part-time internship for UW undergraduate student, fall 2016 semester with possible extension through spring 2017
Contact: Emily Vercoe
Duties: Communications Intern will work with Communications Graduate Assistant and Wyoming EPSCoR EOD to manage and build social network sites, write occasional stories for the Wyoming EPSCoR Blog, create marketing materials, distribute posters around campus, help with event planning related to CAW activities, take photos at events, and help take meeting notes and aid in daily office activities.
- Must be an enrolled UW undergraduate student
- Background and interest in writing and communications
- Experience using Facebook, Twitter, and/or other social networking platforms
- Ability to complete tasks and manage time effectively
- Communications and Journalism major
- Interest in Ecology, Hydrology, and/or Geology and Geophysics
- Experience writing blogs
- Experience using InDesign
Start date: September 20, 2016
Pay: $10/hour and 10-15 hours/week
Link to more information: Download the full job description.
How to apply: Email a one-page cover letter, a resume, and contact information for three references in a single document to Emily Vercoe.
Application deadline: September 12, 2016