Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming
Organization: Biennial Scientific Conference Planning Committee
Type of opportunity: Student scholarships to cover conference registration fee and housing at the AMK Ranch. Lunches and dinners are included in the registration fee.
Contact: Erik Oberg
- Be enrolled as a full-time or part-time student and taking classes in an accredited college or university in the United States.
- Commit to creating a strong social media presence (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Periscope, etc.) during the conference through the platforms of your choice, using the hashtag #GYEConf2016.
Conference dates: October 4-6, 2016
How to apply: Submit the following information, as well as responses to the two essay questions below, by email to Erik Oberg.
- First, middle, and last name
- College or university
- Department and/or program
- Number of credits you are currently taking
- Mailing address
- Cell phone
- Meal preference: Vegetarian Y/N, Gluten-free Y/N
Submit a one-page (250 word) answer to each of the following two questions (500-word limit total):
- What are the most important Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem conservation issues of the next century and how can we prepare to meet the coming challenges and opportunities?
- Describe how you will contribute to creating a strong social media presence during the conference through the platforms of your choice, using the hashtag #GYEConf2016.
Application deadline: September 6, 2016.
Selection and notification: The Conference Committee will select scholarship recipients based on meeting the application deadline, completeness of the application, and quality of the essay responses. If you have any questions about the scholarship selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 307-344-2156. Scholarship award recipients will be notified by September 12, 2016.