Organization: United Tribes Technical College
1. Provide leadership to a team of community educators, college faculty and staff responsible for food and agriculture extension, research and equity programs.
2. Represent UTTC and the Land Grant programs in capacity building efforts with USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture and other institutes and agencies.
3. Collaborate with other UTTC programs and government entities (tribes, state, and federal) relating to Land Grant goals and objectives as prioritized in strategic planning efforts specific to health and wellness, nutrition, food safety, food sovereignty, foodservice, agroecology, life skills and/or other community needs.
4. Develop and monitor grant proposals, budgets, and strategic plans related to the Land Grant Programs. Review and update UTTC Land Grant Program strategic plan.
5. Interview, hire, advise, and evaluate Land Grant Program employees including community educators and assistants in nutrition, food safety, agriculture, agroecology, life skills and community health.
Desired qualifications: Master’s Degree in a field related to USDA Land Grant Mission (human nutrition, health and wellness, community health, agriculture, natural resources or family and consumer science). Ability to work with Native American communities, agencies and institutions of higher education. Good oral and written communication skills.
Salary/pay: $55,000.00 – 71,763.00
Link to more information: Full job description available here.
How to apply: Submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to email@example.com or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Application deadline: October 11, 2016