Organization: Forest Service – Shoshone National Forest
Contact: Kory Skates, 307-760-3983
- Serve as an assistant under the Engine Module Supervisor on a Type VI Engine
- Responsibilities include supervision, safety, and work production of engine crewmembers in a full range of initial and extended attack fire response.
- Participates in prescribed burning operations, hazardous fuel reduction projects, equipment/station maintenance, and forest resource management projects.
- Makes initial size-up of fire situations, analyzes fire behavior, assesses risk and determines suppression method, assists and/or directs tactical operations of Type 6 Engine during initial and extended attack operations.
- Explains/Implements safety measures, work procedures, and performs applicable administrative duties.
Desired qualifications: This is an arduous position and the incumbent must be able to pass a work capacity test (pack test) at the arduous level as a condition of hire. This position is categorized as a Senior Firefighter for the GS 6 in the Interagency Fire Program Management (IFPM) Standards Guide and Forest Service Fire Program Management (FS-FPM) as designated by the Washington Office, Fire and Aviation Management. Minimum qualifications for the AFEO position are Firefighter Type 1 (FFT1) and S-290 Intermediate Wildland Fire Behavior. The incumbent must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
Link to more information: View the full outreach form
How to apply: Submit an outreach notice form, resume, and a current 2016 IQCS master record to Kory Skates.
Application deadline: December 5, 2o16