Organization: Wyoming Outdoor Council
Type of opportunity: Full time, permanent
- Build strong relationships and serve as a primary contact for state and federal elected officials, Wyoming’s governor and policy staff, key regulatory agency staff, and business leaders working in the natural resources, energy, recreation, and travel and tourism sectors.
- Monitor and engage in legislative and regulatory issues and ensure that environmental interests and the Outdoor Council’s views and opinions are represented and well understood.
- Work to defend, improve, and cultivate environmental policies and laws that protect public health, in particular the state’s clean air and water resources.
- Be able to genuinely and persuasively articulate the Wyoming Outdoor Council’s mission and vision with a compelling and thoughtful narrative.
- Be a skilled listener who can build and strengthen relationships on behalf of the Outdoor Council.
Salary/pay: Competitive salary commensurate with experience; excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits; a generous leave policy; and the opportunity to participate in a retirement plan. Job title and scope of responsibilities could change depending upon experience.
How to apply: Email a letter of interest detailing how your experience and skills match this position description, a resume, two writing samples, and contact and relationship information for three references to Linda Sisco at email@example.com (please put “Policy Advocate” in the subject).
Application deadline: The position will remain open until filled.