Organization: Wyoming Stock Growers Association
Contact: Haley J. Lockwood, 307-638-3942
- Help educate and inform Real Ranchers’ and WSGA members through social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Word Press by interviewing and/or obtaining information from rural Wyoming communities or person(s).
- Creating and posting rural and energy related stories to the Real Ranchers blog.
- Assist Programs Director in planning and hosting state wide events such as the Wyoming Cattle Industry Convention and Trade Show, Wyoming Stock Growers Environmental Stewardship Tour and the Wyoming State Fair.
- Opportunity to assist the Executive Vice President on issues research as needed and assisting the Office Manager with administrative duties as needed.
- Develop and release press releases to state and affiliate media.
- Interview, write and photograph for articles that will be in the quarterly Cow Country Magazine.
Desired qualifications: A willing, dedicated and enthusiastic intern majoring in Agricultural Communications or Journalism.
Start and end dates: Monday, May 22nd – Friday, August 18th
Salary/pay: $1,200/ month
Link to more information: Read through the full description.
How to apply: Submit a current resume, letter of interest explaining your educational goals and how you plan to use your degree after graduating, and one letter of recommendation by mail to:
Wyoming Stock Growers Association
Attn: Haley Lockwood
P.O. Box 206
Cheyenne, WY 82003
Application deadline: March 6, 2017