Contact: All position inquiries may be directed to Tarah Rowse at 315-781-4527.
- Coordinate, support, and expand opportunities for the academic community to integrate sustainability into courses, research, internships, and projects.
- Research, propose, and support the adoption of new campus sustainability mechanisms.
- Lead the Climate Task Force, in partnership with the co-chairs, to develop, implement, and track programs aimed at meeting climate obligations under the Climate Leadership Network’s Carbon Commitment and HWS’s 2025 climate neutrality goal.
- Complete an updated Greenhouse Gas Emissions (GHG) Inventory to support energy and climate action planning.
- Create and implement internal and external communication strategies to promote broad awareness of campus sustainability initiatives by working effectively with Office of Communications and students.
- Collect and analyze sustainability data for reporting and decision-making purposes.
- Work with HWS colleagues to identify, seek, and secure external grant funding.
- Serve as sustainability liaison for HWS with other institutions, businesses, local governments, foundations, and community organizations.
Desired qualifications: Master’s degree in a relevant field or the equivalent combination of education and experience. 3 years of experience in sustainability planning and management. Strong interpersonal, professional, communication, and collaboration skills. Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, organizational, and leadership abilities.
Start and end dates: May 22, 2017.
Link to more information: See the complete description.
How to apply: Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume and the names with contact information of at least three (3) professional references to our application service Interfolio.
Application deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.