Duties: Watershed monitoring community outreach through conducting educational workshops and follow up support for communities monitoring stream health. Maintain constant communication to twenty community partners to make sure they have access to the resources to be successful in their volunteer monitoring efforts.Provide organizational outreach help to market ALLARM’s work, and develop organizational outreach materials. Provide student staff mentoring by overseeing 2-3 student projects related to community outreach and publications. Develop ALLARM outreach materials by mentoring ALLARM students in learning the skills to be effective communicators.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, aquatic science, science communication, or related field.
- 1-2 years organizational outreach experience required, preferably in a non-profit and/or community organization setting.
- Experience with managing organizational or professional social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), Mailchimp, managing web content, and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is preferable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work some evening and weekend hours – travel several days/month around the region.
- Ability to work with college students and diverse volunteer constituency.
Link to more information: See the full job description and apply.
Application deadline: March 12, 2017