Organization: State of Washington
This position manages approximately 140 staff and an operating and capital budget of $140 million and is responsible for:
- Administration and management of surface and ground water resources in Washington.
- Oversight of regional section managers who make decisions concerning water availability.
- Management of dam safety and well construction.
- Adjudication of water rights.
- Protection and achievement of in-stream flows and consultation with local governments, tribes, and various stakeholders on rural flow protection in conjunction with rural water supply strategies.
- Approval, conditioning, and denial of new water uses, including responsibility to help find means to meet the growing needs for municipal, industrial, agricultural, commercial, residential growth and development.
- Initiation, development, and implementation of strategic components of the state’s water management goals under state and federal law.
- Budget management and policy support for the Office of Columbia River water supply program.
- Preferred education and involvement in scientific/technical service issues in the environmental, natural resource management and/or health protection fields.
- A Master’s Degree or higher in public administration or policy, law or related field.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience with senior level key stakeholder relationship development including advanced knowledge of legislative processes and intergovernmental relations.
- Three (3) or more years of experience as a member of a senior management or executive team.
- Five (5) years of experience providing leadership and guidance (not always with direct line authority) to a large staff of at least 50 technical/ scientific and/ or policy employees.
- Advanced knowledge of state fiscal practices.
Salary/pay: $90,0000 – 110,000 annually.
Link to more information: See the full description and apply.
How to apply:
In order to be considered, applicants MUST include the following documents as an attachment to their application:
- A cover letter describing how your experience, skills and abilities meet the required qualifications of this position.
- A resume outlining your professional experience and a salary history for your last four positions.
Please read the supplemental questions carefully and answer completely. Incomplete responses, including “please see my resume” may disqualify you from further consideration.