Las Vegas, NV
Organization: University of Nevada – Las Vegas
Contact: Dr. Elisabeth Hausrath
- Sampling in remote field environments of mineral, snow, algae, and bacteria,
- Laboratory analysis of collected biological and geologic samples
- Growth experiments of snow algae and microorganisms in the presence of minerals
- Presenting work at conferences and writing manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Curriculum development of astrobiological materials and education and outreach in the local school system
Desired qualifications: Desired attributes include significant experience performing laboratory and field work, a strong geochemical and microbiological background, and experience with fine scale analytical techniques, with experience with synchrotron techniques a plus. The ideal candidate will also have strong critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively. Requirements include a PhD at the time of appointment.
Link to more information: Learn more about the projects.