Organization: Sublette County Conservation District
- Work closely with permittees, state, and federal range specialists to design and conduct rangeland monitoring for the purposes of assessing and planning management, attaining resource objectives and/or permit renewal. Will collect, organize and review data, identify data gaps, and provide analysis within the context of the grazing program.
- Cooperate with permittees and federal range specialists in identifying management scenarios appropriate for analysis in NEPA alternatives. Assist and support agency processes leading to permit renewal decisions.
- Provide education regarding federal grazing programs, responsibilities conveyed in grazing permit, and management strategies leading to achieving objectives.
- Work with ranchers in development of ranch conservation plans.
- Assist with other district programs as needed.
- Knowledge and experience using current approved rangeland monitoring techniques. Must be familiar with developing monitoring research, evaluating result, and integrating findings into rangeland management planning and decision-making.
- Ability to work with SCCD staff, agency personnel and private land managers. Excellent communication and relationship skills are mandatory.
- Bachelor Degree in Range Management/Ecology or closely related field.
- Computer, software, and technological knowledge and skills expected of natural resource professionals.
Salary/pay: $32,318 per year
Link to more information: View the complete description.
How to apply: Submit letter of interest and resume to Michael Henn or PO Box 647, Pinedale, WY 82941.
Application deadline: Applications due by April 7th, 2017.