Organization: Carnegie Climate Geoengineering Governance Initiative
Duties: Develop, write and oversee production of communications materials, including a website with regularly updated material, public announcements/summaries of event, media releases, and infographics and other visual information tools. Liaise closely with the C2G2 senior staff to ensure that written materials are consistent, clear and compelling; up-to-date key messages are incorporated into the outreach activities; and branding of the C2G2 Initiative is politically astute. Duties include proposing products; undertaking research; drafting and finalizing all text; and coordinating design approval, production, translation and distribution of materials, as needed. Incumbent will also work closely with key C2G2 partners on joint or adapted communication products that both organizations can use.
- Experience leading the design, implementation, and monitoring of global multi-media communications strategies that engage policymaker and civil society audiences. Ability to identify strategic communications opportunities and initiate and execute plans in an international context;
- Excellent English language communications and writing skills; very strong media, social media and event-organizing skills;
- Sophisticated knowledge of global climate change issues, including climate science, international climate politics, and the key civil society and intergovernmental actors therein;
- Ability to simplify complex ideas while being mindful of potential political pitfalls;
- An independent self-starter, able to work on her/his own and as part of a small, virtual global team;
- A genuine interest in climate change issues and the mission of the C2G2 Initiative.
How to apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and C.V. to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: May 1st, 2017